Thursday, July 17, 2014

Flourless Chocolate Mini-Muffins

recipe from averiecooks.com
Thursday.  The day before the weekend starts.  I wanted something sweet but didn't want to go completely overboard.  I searched on my sister's pinterest pages and found this great recipe.  They're not just flourless chocolate mini muffins, but peanut butter and banana is involved.  And guess what...no butter and granulated sugar in it either! I wanted to eat them all but controlled myself and just ate two *hiccup*

I N G R E D I E N T S
--1 medium banana, peeled
--1 large egg
--1/2 *heaping* cup creamy peanut butter (don't skimp on this part, use the good classic store-bought peanut butter, the other natural kinds will be too runny)
--1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
--3 tbsp. honey (if you want, try agave, or maple syrup)
--1 tbsp. vanilla
--1/4 tsp. baking soda
--pinch salt
--large handful of Guittard milk chocolate chips (picture later)
D I R E C T I O N S
 --PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 400 DEGREES.  First find a mini-muffin pan and spray it generously with baking spray.  Set aside.

 --Begin by putting all the ingredients listed into a blender except the milk chocolate chips.  *pictured:  banana + egg
 --I love peanut butter.
 --Next comes the cocoa powder
 --Be patient and let all the honey drizzle on in.
 --Splash in the vanilla.
 --And take out the 1/4 tsp. of baking soda and pinch of salt and turn the blender on high.
 --The batter looked beautiful, all thick and creamy, but I had to stop the blender a few times and give it a little help.
 --YES
 --Take your little ice cream scooper and put a scoop in each place (this recipe made the 12 showed)
 --They should fill about 3/4 the way full.

--Now for the milk chocolate chips for the top...
 --This is THE BEST brand of chocolate money can buy.  [~fun fact~ my mom uses these chocolate chips in her delicious and locally-famous chocolate chip cookies] [I will post this recipe up soon]
 --Bake these babies for 8-12 minutes, until the top of the muffins are set.
 --Will you please do everyone's tongues a favor and try to let these cool for 10 minutes? k thanks
 --Okay ready now!
 --I want to make these more than just week nights.
 --But just know that you can indulge a little with these.  *mostly* guilt free!


No comments:

Post a Comment