Sunday, September 27, 2015

Churro Waffles

from seriouseats.com
My dream was to have a churro cake for my wedding.  When I couldn't figure out how to construct that, I still made sure to serve them so everyone could enjoy the best dessert ever.  The decision to make churro waffles was unanimous at our household tonight, and this recipe is so easy I didn't feel like I needed to take pictures for steps (okay I just didn't think to get my camera out before, oops!)

I N G R E D I E N T S
--1 cup water
--8 tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter
--1/2 tsp. salt
--2 tbs. sugar
--1/2 cinnamon
--1 cup flour
--4 eggs

--melted butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp. cinnamon for coating

D I R E C T I O N S
In a medium saucepan, melt butter, water, cinnamon, salt, and sugar and bring to a simmer.  Add in flour and stir while on the stove.  This will turn into a thick batter super quickly.  Don't be alarmed!  It is fine! (lol heavyweights)  Continue to stir for a minute longer and then remove from heat for about three minutes.  Add in the eggs, one at a time, whisking together until it's the consistency of buttercream frosting.  Meanwhile, heat up a waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray or coat with butter (choose the latter).  Scoop small amounts of dough into the iron.  The dough will expand while cooking, so don't try to fit too much in!  Once cooked, dip each waffle in the butter and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.  And then eat all of them while they're hot.  And for goodness sakes get started on this now!!


XOXO

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!!! Don't be surprised if I show up at your door for one of your famous Sunday dinners!

    ReplyDelete