Thursday, February 19, 2015

Banana Bread


I came across this recipe on Pinterest, and changed a few things here and there, so even though this title sounds generic trust me on this:  IT IS SO GOOD!!!  I tell you what, I think coconut oil is the best thing in the world (almost, because I love a lot of foods, and things) and I choose it over butter in recipes whenever I can!  This recipe is good for one large (9x13) loaf pan or two smaller pans (not sure what the dimensions are).  Enjoy!

I N G R E D I E N T S

--3/4 cup of sugar
--1 cup coconut oil, measured melted
--2 eggs
--2 large bananas, about 1 cup
--1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
--1 tsp. baking soda
--1 tsp. salt
--1/2 cup greek nonfat yogurt
--1 tsp. vanilla

 --First things first, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Choose which pan size you would like to use, and spray it liberally with cooking spray.
 --In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugar and coconut oil and blend until incorporated.
 --Add in the two eggs, and mix until smooth.
 --In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
 --Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and blend until all incorporated.
 --With your bananas, peel them and mash them until it's a consistency you like.
 --Measure out the yogurt,
 --And add the yogurt, bananas, and vanilla to the mixture.
 --Divide the mixture into the pans, or pour it into the large one and put in the oven for about 55-60 minutes, or until the top is darkened and browned.
 --Allow the bread to cool about five minutes before flipping it onto a cooling rack.
 --It's okay if the top of the bread is a little dark.  The coconut makes the crust the best part!
 --Flip the breads onto the rack and allow to cool completely before cutting it.
 --But I had to take the end while it was warm!
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment