Monday, March 24, 2014

Cinnamon French Toast

from thepioneerwoman.com

I shouldn't have.  But I had to try it.  It was too enticing.  Plus I was trying to use up all my ingredients I had brought with me this weekend, so in a way I had to.  And I am really glad I did.  The homemade cinnamon bread made the most amazing French toast I've ever eaten.  If you don't believe me, try it!
I N G R E D I E N T S
--4 whole eggs
--1 cup 2% milk (or whole, if you have it)
--1/4 cup heavy cream (side note = if you don't have heavy cream, like me, create it with 1 tbsp melted butter and 1 cup milk)
--1/2 cup sugar
--1 tsp. cinnamon
--1 tbsp. vanilla
--Take about six good slices from your cinnamon bread loaf (or any type you find appealing) and place them on a baking sheet with sides.
--In a bowl, whisk together four eggs,
--the milk, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla.
--Sprinkle in the cinnamon and give it a good mix.
--Then pour the mixture evenly over all the slices, soaking the bread as much as possible.  Once it has sat for about a minute, flip the pieces over and let the other side soak up some of the mixture.
--Meanwhile, heat the grill to about 350-375 degrees and let it get nice and hot.  Grease it with some butter and let it melt.
--Place the slices of bread onto the grill and let it cook for about 3 minutes, or until desired color.
--I prefer my French toast to have a good crust on both sides, so I think these sat for about 5 minutes.

--Flip them over, and admire your work thus far.  They're a beautiful sight.

--Then take them off the grill, stack 'em high and drizzle syrup over it and (really though) INDULGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment