Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Italian Shrimp Pasta

from the cookbook The Gathering of Friends, Vol. 2 by Michelle Huxtable


Michelle's cookbooks are some of the most amazing cookbooks to look through.  I use a recipe every couple days because they're not complicated and I usually have more than half the ingredients already.  What more could you ask for?? For this recipe, I switched a few ingredients and will show you what I do compared to the original recipe.

Oh and I halved the recipe, because I am only cooking for myself and my husband.

I N G R E D I E N T S
--for the sauce--
  • 1/2 STICK of butter
  • 1/2 tsp. granulated chicken bouillon
  • 2 tbsp. flour
  • 1/4 c. cooking wine
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup 1% milk
--remaining ingredients--
  • 8 oz. spinach fettuccine
  • 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp
  • 1 tsp. hot sesame oil
  • handful of sliced red peppers
  • handful of sliced green peppers
  • handful of chopped green onions
D I R E C T I O N S

--In a large saucepan, melt butter and granulated bouillon.  

--Add flour and simmer until golden brown.

--Fold in cooking wine, cream and milk.  Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, and set aside.

--Cook fettuccine noodles al dente.  Do not let the green color scare you, or your family members who try to steer clear of anything green or green-related.  If my husband can eat these noodles and finish his plate, I think anyone can! After cooking, set aside.

--Remove tails and skins from uncooked shrimp and rinse.  I went and bought a frozen package of 1 lb. shrimp, thawed it, and then all I have to do was remove the tails.  

--In a large wok or skillet on high, drizzle 1/2 tsp. sesame oil in wok.  Sauté shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes.  

--Add the sliced red and green peppers to shrimp and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer.  

--Push shrimp and vegetables to the side and drizzle remaining sesame oil in wok.  Add fettuccine noodles and continue to stir fry with shrimp and peppers.  Pour desired amount of sauce in wok, coating evenly.  Fold in sliced green onions.
--top with coarse black pepper.  Eat immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment