Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Parmesan Toast

from the cookbook The Gathering of Friends, Vol. 1 by Michelle Huxtable

This bread.  This bread makes a meal.  This bread could BE the meal and everyone would be pleased.  The only change I made to this was to add a little garlic powder to make it garlic bread-like.  

I N G R E D I E N T S

  • 1 baguette or loaf of French bread
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
D I R E C T I O N S

--Blend mayonnaise, butter and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.  Meanwhile, slice bread to desired thickness. (oh hello mint Oreo brownies from yesterday)

--Spread on bread slices.  If you've decided to make this into garlic bread, combine the garlic powder and salt and sprinkle over the top of the bread slices.

--Broil until golden brown, or burn it to a crisp if you're like my mother.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment